Switch Relocation understands and respects the importance of our customer’s privacy. We are committed to processing personal information in ways that comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, and being clear with customers about what we do with the personal information.
This policy explains how we use any personal information we may collect about you when you use our website, or when we are talking to you about our services, carrying out a video survey or if we provide you with services.
If you are acting on behalf of another person, who will have the benefit of our services; for example or if you are arranging the services on behalf of the owner of the goods, you are responsible for ensuring that the person(s) you are acting on behalf of are in agreement with you supplying their personal data to us to make the booking on their behalf and that they are aware of the contents of this policy. You should show this policy to anyone whose personal date has been supplied to us.
PLEASE NOTE: If you do not agree to our use of your personal data in accordance with the terms of this policy, set out below, we cannot accept your dossier or provide you with services as the processing of your personal information is essential in carrying out the services you have requested.
Contactez-nous si vous souhaitez connaître les conditions d'utilisation du site Web et la déclaration de confidentialité dans votre langue.
Kontaktieren Sie uns, wenn Sie die Nutzungsbedingungen und die Datenschutzerklärung Ihrer Website in Ihrer Sprache wünschen
Póngase en contacto con nosotros si desea las condiciones de uso del sitio web y la declaración de privacidad en su idioma.
Contattaci se desideri condizioni di utilizzo del sito web e informativa sulla privacy nella tua lingua
Свяжитесь с нами, если вы хотите, чтобы условия использования веб-сайта и заявление о конфиденциальности на вашем языке
When we collect personal information
We collect personal information about you when:
• You contact us;
• We attend your home and carry out a sales survey;
• When we correspond with you in relation to the services or in regards to an enquiry claim or complaint;
• Complete a customer satisfaction survey;
• We ask you for contact details for future marketing or promotions which may be by email, post, text or if you sign up to receive promotions or newsletters from us, although we will give you the option to say whether you wish to receive such communications or to opt out at a later stage.
Information we collect
We collect the following information about you:
• E-mail address;
• Telephone numbers;
• Information required to enable us to provide you with services;
• Where relevant, your company or employer’s name, your employment position, company address, company’s e-mail address and telephone numbers;
• Payment information;
• Details of any enquiry, claim, or complaint you make in relation to the services;
• Information on any inventory, job sheet, collection/delivery documentation.
Why we collect personal information
We collect personal information to:
• Provide you with products or services that you may request from us or selected third parties;
• Provide you with information or updates regarding the services;
• Enable us to carry out the services;
• Instruct third parties (sub –contractors for example) to assist us in the provision of the services;
• Enable us to review, develop and improve our products or services;
• Check and verify your identity when you use our services;
• Meet our legal and statutory and compliance obligations.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information:
• When you contact us by telephone, e-mail, letter or face to face;
• When you request a video survey;
• When you visit our website and you opt in to allow us to contact you
• From third parties e.g. when we acquire third party marketing lists or information with details of customers how have consented (opted in) to be contacted;
• When products or services are provided with a business partner and information is collected with the consent of their customer and they consent to us contacting them.
Keeping personal data accurate
We will ensure that personal information is kept accurate and up to date as far as reasonably possible. However we rely on you to ensure that your personal data is accurate and up-to-date. It is your responsibility to inform us of any changes to your personal data. This can be done by writing or e-mailing us and requesting changes to be made.
Transfer of information
If you ask us to provide international removal and storage services, certain personal information you have provided will need to be passed to, processed and stored by relevant third parties such as but not limited to; video surveying companies, currency exchange partners, warehouse and logistic companies, shipping lines, airlines, insurance companies and their agents, destination agents, customs and port authorities so as to enable us to provide you with the services you have requested.
Some third parties may be based outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Organisations that are based outside the EEA may be subject to local or national data protection regimes which may not have the same level of controls in regard to data protection as currently exist with the United Kingdom or the EEA.
In order for your goods to be shipped overseas, we may be required to disclose certain personal information to local or national government bodies, other authorities in the country of departure or in other countries (including the destination country), such as but not limited to authorities responsible for immigration, border control, security and anti-terrorism. Although it may not be mandatory to provide such information to these authorities we may do so in circumstances where we consider it appropriate to do so.
We may disclose personal information to any member of our group for business purposes, and to any relevant third parties for the purpose of providing services, combating fraud, money laundering and credit risk reduction.
How we use your information
• We will use your personal information for the purposes listed below for:
• Preparation of a quotation for our services;
• Providing you with services;
• Communication with you regarding these services;
• Notification of any changes to the services;
• Providing you with service information;
• Providing advice and guidance and tips for moving home;
• Instructing and engaging third parties such as but not limited to sub-contractors, service providers, shipping lines airlines, railway companies or agents at destination or origin, to assist with the provision of the services;
• Reporting, research or analysis;
• Resolving complaints or claims;
• Assisting with the prevention or detection of a crime;
• Corresponding with third parties appointed to assist in the resolution of a complaint or claim such as but not limited to an appointed alternative dispute resolution body;
• Ensuring that website content is presented to you in the most informative or effective manner;
• Developing other products or services on our own or with third parties;
• Analysing your usage of our website and viewing patterns;
• Making you aware of offers and other services that maybe of interest to you;
• Credit and control;
• Collecting payment for the services;
• Any payments or refunds will be made to the account/card which was used to make the latest payment. By providing the account or card details, you and the account/ card holder consent to us doing this.
Who we can deal with/third parties
We are unable to accept any instructions from anyone other than you, the person named on the contract documentation. If you wish a third party to act on your behalf, we will require evidence that they have your express authority to do so. Such evidence could be in the form of a power of attorney or other written form of authority.
Retention of personal information
We will retain your personal information for a period of seven years from the date of the last transaction after which your personal data will be deleted.
Fraud prevention and detection of crime
In order to detect fraud, we or insurers may at any time share information about you with Law enforcement bodies including, but not limited to, the police. They in turn may access and use the information we have passed to them.
Cookies are small data files which are saved to your website browser to collect certain information about your use of the Switch Relocation website and distinguish you from other users. Some of these cookies are essential so as to make the website work properly and to enhance your experience.
There are two types of cookie: session cookies which exist during the visits to the website and are erased when you close your web browser, and persistent cookies which are stored until they expire, which can be within hours or years later.
Cookies are used by us to collect anonymous information to enhance your experience with our website in the future and to assist us in identifying your particular needs or requirements.
You have the option to change your browser settings to accept or reject cookies. If cookies are already on your computer you can delete them.
Accepting/ rejection or deleting cookies or Java Script will vary from browser to browser so please consult your browser’s Help menu for further advice or information.
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide your full name and address and our reference number.
If you chose to e-mail us please note we are unable to accept any liability for data which is lost or abused in transmission to us.
Right to access to personal information
You have the right to obtain written confirmation from us whether your personal information is being processed by us or by a third party.
You have the right to access any personal information we hold about you.
Your subject access request must be made in writing to:
22 PERCOURAY 31530 MONTAIGUT SUR SAVE
or e-mail: email@example.com
Upon receipt of the subject access request, we will ask you to provide sufficient information to prove your identity before any personal information is released to you.
If you make a subject access request through a third party, such as a solicitor, it will be the responsibility of the third party to provide evidence to demonstrate that they are entitled to act on your behalf. This can take the form of a power of attorney or an appropriate written authority.
Although there is no fee for meeting your request we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee if, in our reasonable judgement the request is manifestly unfounded, excessive, or repetitive. Any fee charged will be based upon the administrative cost of providing the information.
We have one month from the date of receipt of your request to comply.
If you request large amounts of information we may ask you to specify in more detail the information you require.
Right to rectification
You have the right to request that we rectify personal information which is inaccurate or incomplete.
In the first instance contact your Switch Relocation agent in writing specifying the inaccurate or incomplete personal information, provide them with the correct personal information and ask them to rectify it.
We are required to rectify the information within one month. This can be extended to two months if the request for rectification is complex.
If you feel that your request for rectification is not being dealt with, you can escalate your request to the address given above.
Right to erasure (to be forgotten)
You have the right to request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing. Individuals have a right to have personal data erased and to prevent further processing in the following circumstances:
• Where the personal information is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected or processed;
• When you withdraw your consent for your personal information to be processed;
• When the individual objects to the processing and there is no legitimate interest for the personal information to be processed;
• Personal information has unlawfully been processed;
• Personal information must be erased on the order of the courts.
We may refuse to comply with your request for erasure if we are required to comply with a legal or statutory obligation or if the personal information will be required for the purpose of resolving a claim, complaint or in the defence of a claim or complaint.
Right to restrict processing
You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal information in the following circumstances:
• Where you contest the accuracy of the personal information which is being processed. You can ask for the restriction to be put in place until you are satisfied that the inaccuracies have been rectified;
• The processing of the information is deemed to be unlawful but you do not want your personal information to be erased;
• The personal information is no longer required by us but you would like us to retain it to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim;
Right to object
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information related to direct marketing even if you have previously consented to your personal information being processed for that purpose.
If you object we will cease processing your personal information for marketing purposes as soon as we receive your written objection.
You can raise your objection at any time.
Changes to this policy
Copyright 2019 Switch Relocation.